Saturday, September 14, 2013

Shall We Begin?

So...progress on just about every personal project that I had going came to a screeching halt. That includes the work on the Kindle Edition of Project Zero, editing the second book in the series, typing out the third book (as you might recall, I write just about everything by hand and then type it out later), writing anything in general (I had a new story going...), finishing those short stories I've been writing, as well as other...stuff...that I can't remember right now.
And, truth be told, I'm ok with that.
Why is that, you might ask? Because, I got a new job! For the last school year and a half, I had been working at a Behavioral Reassignment school. What does that mean? It means that the students that I worked with on a daily basis were removed from the major urban school district in which this school resided for a myriad of reasons. Usually violent. Or drug-related. And most have been or are in some sort of trouble with the police.
Last year alone, I had two former students killed within weeks of each other and even more busted in a nation-wide police operation. So, to put in that kind of effort to get those kinds of results takes its toll and, along with an administration shake up that left the site without a principal with a week until the school year was to have begun, I felt weary going into the school year. So I did something that I probably wouldn't have otherwise done in the time frame I did it in.
Long story short, I took a position with a traditional school and am now teaching English 9, American Literature, and Analytical Reading and Composition. Yay! (Note: that was a serious yay.)
But, yeah, prepping for three classes (with a total of six sections) has persuaded me to put those projects on hold. Also, GTA V. Kelly preordered it for my birthday from Amazon and it should be arriving on Tuesday. So...there goes my productivity...
And, as I said about a month ago, I'd look into where my brother's comic book was available digitally. Here is the link  I believe the first issue is free and the second two are available for less than one dollar each.

No comments:

Post a Comment