Monday, August 12, 2013

To-Do List

Last time, I talked about my plans for Project Zero and a couple of the obstacles that I face in putting out a new edition (and any other of my work, honestly) and I forgot the biggest one (to be fair my neighbors were fairly loud. Also, they were playing the bean bag game...for hours):

I hate editing. No, it's not a dislike. No, the thought of editing my own work makes my skin crawl and my stomach churn (I have no problem doing this to others' work, but I curl up into the fetus position and cry when it comes to my own).

I tried to quantify why in the hopes I could overcome it (didn't really work) and I this is what I think my problem is: what if I take out or change the one thing that would have gotten me published? I know for the most part that this thought is ridiculous. I mean, if I want to change it, then everyone else who reads it probably wouldn't miss it, right?

Anyway, enough of my self-pity for now. As the title says, I have a to-do list. You'd think it'd be stuff I have to get before school starts or something. Well, it's not. Instead, I have a stack of ps3 games next to our TV. A stack of four or five games that I vowed to get through before purchasing any more games.

The stack started with the Zone of the Enders HD Collection and includes Lego Lord of the Rings, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Resistance 2,  and Assassin's Creed I and Revelations. And that doesn't even include the games I wanted to play through a second time, like Arkham City (I platinum'd on Asylum) and Bioshock Infinite (psyched for the expansion DLC), or the games I get for free through PSPlus.

This time I'm sitting at the DMV waiting to renew my license and I'm typing this on my phone (I upgraded to the GS3 back in March. Handy for doing things like this...), so I'm keeping this one short.

However, if any of my author buddies see this, can anyone recommend a magazine or something like that that publishes YA, supernatural, and/or general fiction short stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment